The Story Works: screenwriters talking to screenwriters.
The Story Works takes a small group of talented and experienced UK screenwriters and offers them a series of masterclasses with the best screenwriters and filmmakers in the world. At its heart is a residential week at the Edinburgh International Film Festival in June during which ten participating writers attended a series of closed story discussions with A-list screenwriters and other high profile film storytellers from around the world, all brought to Edinburgh specifically for this project. Participating writers are also partnered with writing mentors.
Masterclass speakers include Jane Campion, Mike Leigh, Sir Ronald Harwood, John Madden, Mogens Rukov, DV DeVincentis, John Mathieson, Kenneth Lonergan, David Julyan and Pietro Scalia.
The ten participating screenwriters are
- Amanda Coe (screenplays ROOM AT THE TOP; MARGOT; FILTH: THE MARY WHITEHOUSE STORY; ELIZABETH DAVID: A LIFE IN RECIPES)
- Alicia Duffy (writer and director ALL GOOD CHILDREN; THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MAN IN THE WORLD)
- David Farr (screenplays HANNA for Joe Wright; PAANI for Shekhar Kapur; David is also Associate Director of the Royal Shakespeare Company)
- Cameron Fraser & Neil Jack writers/directors/producers GLENDOGIE BOGIE; FATAL DISTRACTION, THE TREE OFFICER)
- Olivia Hetreed (screenplays GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING; WUTHERING HEIGHTS for Andrea Arnold)
- Mike Lesslie (screenplays THE HAVEN; WAR REPORTING FOR COWARDS; LIES OF SILENCE; Mike is also a playwright)
- Nathan Parker (screenplays MOON, BLITZ)
- Jon Ronson (screenplay FRANK; author THEM; THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS; Jon is also a journalist and broadcaster)
The Story Works is run by story editor Kate Leys with the Edinburgh International Film Festival and is advised by producers Finola Dwyer and Amanda Posey.
The Story Works is supported by an advisory board including Ronan Bennett, Christian Colson, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Tony Grisoni, Christine Langan, Kevin Loader, Cameron McCracken, Hannah McGill, Allon Reich, Tessa Ross, and Robyn Slovo.
The story works is financed by Skillset and Scottish Screen and is supported by Soho House, Olswang and Sony.
All enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org